< Back to Company News
Flowtechnology UK are fully committed to the health and well-being of not only our staff, but also our customers and suppliers. Since the first news of the outbreak in late January, Flowtechnology UK have been closely monitoring the situation regarding Coronavirus and the potential impact that it could have on our business in order to ensure that we are able to continue to supply our customers whilst minimizing or preventing disruption.
In order to ensure that we are well positioned to support your businesses with the products and levels of service which you have come to expect, we have established several preventative measures with a view to safeguarding the health and wellbeing of our employees and business partners. Actions include:
- Our distribution centre remains fully operational and has even recruited additional staff in order to ensure that we have enhanced staffing levels and can continue to deliver the service that you have come to expect
- Our sales team remain fully operational and are fully contactable by phone and email. Whilst we will not be arranging any face to face meetings, if you do require a meeting, this can be arranged via a telephone call or a video conference
- We are working closely with suppliers to manage and monitor our stockholding very closely – not only at Flowtechnology UK’s logistics centre in Skelmersdale, but also within other Flowtech Fluidpower plc logistics centres across the UK and we are confident that we can continue to satisfy demand for several months
- We have initiated a no visitors policy at the Flowtechnology UK head office - all meetings will be arranged via a video conference using software such as Zoom or Skype
In order to further support your business, we would also like to take this opportunity to remind you of some of the key services we provide which can help you to support your customers during this difficult period:
- You can significantly reduce the amount of material and product handling your staff need to undertake (and minimise potential contact with the virus) through the use of our FTUK Express and Express Plus services. FTUK Express enables you to ship products from our distribution centre direct to your customer without any reference to Flowtechnology UK on the paperwork and with FTUK Express Plus you can even ship direct to your customer’s customer without reference to your business on the paperwork. For more details visit: https://flowtechnologyuk.com/services/ftuk_express and https://flowtechnologyuk.com/services/ftuk_express_plus
- Our website www.flowtechnologyuk.com was developed to incorporate the latest ecommerce technology, enabling our customers to place and manage orders, see buy prices and check stock online.
- The FTUK app is another fast and convenient way to place orders when you are away from a traditional PC or laptop. It’s iOS and Android compatible and available to download now from your mobile app store
- Our E-business Development Team play an integral part in the provision of Flowtechnology UK's web-based platforms and have expert knowledge of the website and app and are constantly working to evolve and improve user experience. They are available to assist with the provision of ecommerce websites for customers, electronic ordering systems, website support, app support and he supply of data & images. For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Don’t forget that we are available to support your business at any time of the day or night, with our 24/7 Out of Hours service, enabling you to order stock items and take delivery or collect 24 hours per day, 7 days a week. For more details visit https://flowtechnologyuk.com/services/out-of-hours
If you require any further information or assistance, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us via your account manager.
Finally, we thank you for your continued support during this difficult time and we hope that you, your family and business colleagues are safe and continue to remain safe. Our thoughts are with those who are affected.